Saturday, January 7, 2012

What matters?

I'm looking at the world wondering what the craziness is about. Weston and I are getting married in 196 days and apparently we should be stressing about this. It's essential that I figure out the accessories bridesmaids will have in their hair and the budget of these little things. Maybe I'm wrong but why? Don't get me wrong I am very excited about our wedding day but I'm even more excited about the rest of our lives. I'm not going to remember those little details, I barely remember what I had for breakfast. No I haven't spent today searching for the perfect invitation, they will find their way into the bin eventually anyway. I spent the majority of my day being there for a close friend who's dad took his own life. That's what's more important to me. I spent my evening writing to a soldier in Afghanistan. Maybe people won't say that my DJ was the best they had ever seen, maybe they will forever remember that actually he was awful and played totally inappropriate songs for half the evening or that we left it too late and just had a computer with a playlist of songs we selected running, it'll give people something I talk about and memories to pass on to our grandkids. But frankly is that the thing that's going to be important to me on July 21st ..... Nope. Let's keep things in perspective, if nothing else we can make other brides and grooms feel better about their big days. How we do with the actual life bit is more important to me than just the first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment